Herbal medicine and natural supplements are valued due to their tonic effect on the
adrenal glands and their power to improve the body’s ability to cope with stress.
There are also life-style habits to help strengthen the immune system, like eating a whole foods diet with a variety of vegetables, fruits and legumes, drinking sufficient water daily, exercising for at least 30 minutes four times per week, sleeping enough to allow the body to restore, and managing stress since it depletes levels of protective vitamins.
Immune System 101
Our immune system is our constant surveillance and protection mechanism -think
about it as your body’s protection plan.
It is a dynamic system composed of special cells and proteins which defend us against invaders known as antigens, such as viruses, germs, bacteria and other microorganisms.
Its main goal is to prevent infections through a series of steps called the immune response. This reaction means the immune system produces antibodies that seek out and destroy these antigens so we don’t get sick -and it does this 24/7!
Symptoms of a weak immune system include: frequent colds, gastro-intestinal disturbances, delayed healing of wounds, and lethargy.
To get a bit more in depth about the dietary aspect of boosting your immune system, here are some foods that can help strengthen your immune system:.
- Citrus fruits: excellent source of vitamin C
- Green tea: packed with flavonoids, a type of antioxidant
- Papaya: contains a digestive enzyme that has anti-inflammatory effects
- Broccoli: packed with vitamins A, C, and E
- Spinach: loaded with antioxidants and beta-carotene, which helps fight infections
- Ginger: decreases inflammation, pain, and even cholesterol
- Garlic: known for millennia for fighting infections, this is due to being concentrated in sulfur-containing compounds, like allicin
The immune system is our body’s first line of defense against infections and disease.
Even though no vitamins will cure or prevent disease per se, there are some key
vitamins that play an important role in maintaining the immune system strong and
The most important vitamins for this purpose are vitamin A, B, C, D and the minerals Zinc and Selenium. From a naturopathic perspective, the most effective natural extracts are mushrooms, Echinacea, Astragalus, Ashwagandha, and Andrographis.
Immune IV Drip
This IV drip was developed to supply the necessary vitamins, key amino-acids and
minerals for improved immune function. This enhances the body’s ability to protect
itself, including fighting infections, healing efficiently, repairing cells, and recovering
Additionally, it provides an effective electrolyte balance and it is isotonic to blood, giving the immune system a functioning boost.
The key vitamins in this treatment are:
- Vitamin A, prevents the reproduction of viral cells
- Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant
- Vitamin D, increases the function of immune cells
- Zinc, helps strengthen the immune system
Immune Booster Oral Supplement
Our Immune Booster oral supplement takes care of the immune system -and a
strong immune system creates healthy cells, which create a healthy body!
With just one pill a day, it helps restore optimal health in the immune system by protecting our body against infections and pathogens that can jeopardize our wellbeing.
The main ingredients in this powerful nutraceutical are:
- Vitamin C, an effective antioxidant
- Astragalus, a natural immune booster with stress-fighting properties
- Reishi mushrooms, another natural immune booster with anti-inflammatory properties
- Ashwagandha, which helps manage stress and enhances energy.
Pre-order yours through our online store -link in bio.